INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT
1. I understand that I am an independent contractor for Deeleeo Inc. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effective while I engage in and complete deliveries for Deeleeo Inc. through the Deeleeo Platform. Either party may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without cause.
2. I, being the contractor (also known as a Deeleeo Delivery Agent), will perform the services described below. Nothing contained in this contract will be construed as or have the effect of constituting a relationship of employer and employee between myself and Deeleeo Inc. My services as a Deeleeo Delivery Agent will include to successfully, and in a respectful manner, pick up, transport and delivery packages per Deeleeo Customer’s requests via the Deeleeo Platform.
3. I understand that amendments can be made at any time to this Agreement by Deeleeo Inc. and I will be provided with an updated copy to review and accept before signing to clarify if I wish to continue with the Agreement or decline. If I decline, I understand I will not be able to use the Deeleeo Platform as a Deeleeo Delivery Agent.
4. I understand that I am responsible for my own source withholdings, including but not limited to income tax with the Canada Revenue Agency, and that Deeleeo Inc. is not responsible for keeping track of my time and earnings.
5. I understand that my compensation as a Deeleeo Delivery Agent, being an independent contractor, will amount to a commission rate ranging from 75% to 85% depending on the size of package delivered. I understand that commission rates are calculated from the price of the total Delivery Fee (excluding Booking Fee) plus the total Premium Fee charged to the Customer (customer) who pays for the service on the Deeleeo Platform.
6. I understand that disbursement of Delivery Agent commissions will be made biweekly to the direct deposit bank account information provided by the Delivery Agent’s Account.
7. I understand that Deeleeo Inc. has the right to adjust commission compensation within each package size category at any time.
8. The categorized deliveries take into account that Deeleeo Delivery Agents will be compensated for providing their time and effort towards safe and efficient deliveries based on various factors, which include, but not be limited to, those relating to package size and weight, delivery distance and time, and the provision of additional premium services (Deeleeo Inc. Pricing Model). In order to adapt to dynamic market conditions, Deeleeo Inc. reserves the right to amend and update its Pricing Model without notice.
9. I understand and acknowledge that the remaining percentage beyond my compensation, as detailed above, will be retained by Deeleeo Inc.
10. I understand that any tips I receive for my services will be mine, and no accounting to Deeleeo Inc. is required.
11. I understand it is not the responsibility of Deeleeo Inc. to reimburse me for personal expenses. I will not be compensated for personal expenses incurred during Deeleeo Deliveries such as and not limited to, meals, cellular phone usage, motor vehicle violation tickets due to negligence.
12. I understand that I am responsible for and not limited to maintenance and/or damage required on my motor vehicle, non-motorized mode of delivery or myself.
13. I understand that Deeleeo Inc. does not guarantee, nor am I obligated to deliver a specific number of packages, or earn a specific amount of revenue, or work a specific number of hours, or work specific days of the week. Any revenue/pay I generate from Deeleeo Inc. will be solely for individual deliveries I accept to complete and have completed.
14. I understand that Deeleeo Inc. does not guarantee a specific or average amount of revenue/pay. I retain full control and discretion of any deliveries I chose to accept. I retain full control and discretion of the number of hours I choose to work, I retain full control and discretion of the hours and days I choose to work; thus, I retain full discretion of the potential revenue/pay I may or may not generate based on the deliveries I accept or do not accept to complete using the Deeleeo Platform.
15. I understand that Deeleeo Inc. does not guarantee a profit. I understand that I may incur losses due to unforeseen complications with a delivery or due to damages or penalties caused to the mode of delivery or to Deeleeo Inc. because of my negligence or failure to adhere to Canada regulatory requirements or Customer’s requests.
16. I understand I will be charged through commission penalization, and will be notified of the penalization via email, text, or in app notification.
17. I agree to follow and uphold all the laws and mandates of the land I operate in, including and not limited to the motor vehicle regulations, traffic laws and local health mandates while delivering for Deeleeo Inc.
18. I understand that Deeleeo Inc. has no tolerance for and does not permit anything that is deemed contraband, illegal, or harmful by the laws of Canada and accept full responsibility and penalties due to my own actions regarding this policy.
19. I understand, acknowledge, and give Deeleeo Inc. permission to withdraw and/or deduct payment from my earnings for the following: the value of claims related to damaged packages, lost packages, any charges or penalties assessed for my failure to deliver a package on time, liability damages to another party or parties personal property. I understand this is not a complete list of items that may arise and that Deeleeo Inc may deduct from my compensation for other reasons including unacceptable behaviour toward customers. However, I understand that I have the right to submit a Claim to Deeleeo Inc. to request a consideration of any deductions in earnings.
20. I understand that I have the right to cancel a Deeleeo before Pickup, if necessary, within thirty (30) minutes of the start time of the Pickup window with no cancellation fee. I also understand if I cancel a Deeleeo less than thirty minutes before start time of Pickup window, I will have to contact Deeleeo Inc. and cancellation fees of either 10% of Deeleeo delivery fee or $5 (the larger) may be applied.
21. I understand that after I pick up a Deeleeo there is no option to cancel, and I must use the Help Me/Transfer Deeleeo option to allow a fellow Deeleeo delivery agent to come and rescue me of the Deeleeo. I understand I will not be paid nor charged a fee for these situations, but I will comply with the Help Me/Transfer process.
22. I understand the I have the ability to find a Helper Agent for larger loading and unloading if necessary. I also agree to comply with the process of finding help for loading and unloading larger Deeleeos which includes a reduction in commission eared.
23. I understand that in order to delivery alcoholic containing Deeleeos I must have and submit to Deeleeo Inc. my province’s liquor serving certificate.
25. I understand that the first time I violate the age restricted delivery laws, or any terms and processes set forth by Deeleeo, I will be penalized the greater of $5, cost of damaged/lost goods, or the entirety of the recent Deeleeo commission. I understand that the second time I violate the age restricted delivery laws, or any terms and processes set forth by Deeleeo, I will be penalized the greater of $10, cost of damaged/lost goods, or the entirety of the recent Deeleeo commission and must pass a test to be allowed to continue the platform as a Deeleeo Delivery Agent. I understand that the third time I violate the age restricted delivery laws, or any terms and processes set forth by Deeleeo, I will be penalized the greater of $15, cost of damaged/lost goods, or the entirety of the recent Deeleeo commission and my account will be suspended.
26. I understand that I am not permitted to smoke while delivering any Deeleeo packages, and if caught the same penalties apply from clause 25 above.
27. I acknowledge that Deeleeo has provided sufficient information to perform age restricted deliveries and I understand that I can learn more about the Deeleeo process from either the Deeleeo website, emails sent by Deeleeo Inc. to me, by email inquiry, by calling into Deeleeo Inc. support line, or by any other mean of communication with Deeleeo Inc.
28. I agree to follow the guidelines set out in any training or educational information that Deeleeo Inc. provides Deeleeo Delivery Agents to respectfully and properly treat their clients, clients’ packages, the laws of the land and the citizens around them. I am responsible for abiding by all laws and regulations of the land I delivery in.
29. I understand I am in preach of contract if I solicit to any Deeleeo Partner or Customer in any way while having an active Deeleeo Delivery Agent account.
30. I understand and acknowledge that Deeleeo Inc. will require me to complete and submit a criminal background check before I am approved to become a Deeleeo Delivery Agent. I understand that Deeleeo Inc. will send the criminal background check to me via my email to the email I register with on the Deeleeo Platform. I understand that I have access to the result of this criminal background check and if I hold any convictions within the last 7 years that it may prevent me from delivering for Deeleeo Inc.
31. This Agreement supersedes all prior arrangements, agreements, and understandings between the parties. No addition to or modification of any provision of this Agreement will be binding upon the parties unless made by written instrument and signed by an authorized representative of each of the parties.
32. Neither party will assign or transfer this Agreement or any of its rights or obligations herein, whether in whole or in part without the prior written consent of the other.
34. I understand that all Intellectual Property Rights in and to any online app, online website, software, documentation, data, information, database or product created or produced or contributed to by me, as the contractor, in performing the Services under this Agreement will be the property of Deeleeo Inc. I, as the contractor, hereby assign Deeleeo Inc. absolutely its whole right, title and interest, present and future in and to such Intellectual Property Rights free from all liens, charges and encumbrances. I, as the contractor, will provide the Deeleeo Inc. with all information which Deeleeo Inc. may reasonably request for the purpose of allowing me, as the contractor, to fully exercise its proprietary rights in any jurisdiction.
In consideration of the $25 registration fee paid by the Contractor, and the mutual promises and covenants contained herein, the acceptance of the forgoing terms and conditions between the parties is acknowledged by both Deeleeo Inc. and the Contractor, by virtue of Deeleeo Inc. placing these terms on its online app or website for review by the Contractor, and the Contractor agreeing to said terms by an online or app-based acceptance.